World music. Glasgow, Instal Festival [electronic resource] / Onos Productions ; Angeliki Aristomenopoulou, director.
- Other Title:
- Glasgow, Instal Festival
- [Place of publication not identified] : Onos Productions, 
- Conference Name:
- Instal Festival.
1 online resource (1 video file (51 min.)) : sound, color
- Avant-garde (Music).
Musicians -- Biography.
- Chiefly in English; with some German with English subtitles.
- System Details:
- UK's leading experimental music festival in Glasgow. Through the festival's organizers Barry and Bryony but mostly through the musicians taking part and their work, experience the world of today's cutting edge 'experimental' music. Meet a cast of pioneering, provocative spirits (musicians, artists, writers, poets) who exist outside the mainstream and don't conform. Hook up with a group of the most original, essential and legendary musicians of free jazz, noise, minimalism or improvisation such as the Austrian organ player and famous artist Hermann Nitsch or the famous vocalist Joan La barbara who has been the work partner of the pioneer of experimental sound, John Cage. Meet with the Japanese representatives of minimalistic music who explain how they produce sounds with mini FM radio transmitters or with the input signals of transformed mixing desks. And eventually, meet conceptual poets and radical thinkers and you could understand what it is that really inspires them, what's right at the core of what they do. Like John Cage, they could claim: "I can't understand why people are frightened of new ideas. I am frightened of the old ones."
- Vendor-supplied metadata.
- Aristomenopoulou, Angeliki, film director.
Onos Productions, production company.
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|