M for Marcia [electronic resource] : a portrait of a "Mistress of Dance" : Marcia Haydée / JCB ; Jean-Christophe Blavier, director.
- Other Title:
- Portrait of a "Mistress of Dance"
- [Place of publication not identified] : JCB,  , ©2002
1 online resource (1 video file (51 min., 24 sec.)) : sound, color
- Haydée, Marcia.
Dancers -- Brazil -- Biography.
Choreographers -- Brazil -- Biography.
- In German; English subtitles.
- System Details:
- A portrait of the dancer Marcia Haydée. A tribute to her life achievement, and shot for her 65th anniversary, this documentary follows Marcia from her childhood to the present day, providing insight into her career as well as her private family life. Born in Brazil, Marcia Haydée left for Europe at the age of 15. In 1961, she met the choreographer John Cranko in Paris, who immediately hired her as a prima ballerina in Stuttgart. From 1976 to 1996, she directed the Stuttgart Ballet. In her role as dancer/director, she has worked closely with John Neumeier, Hans van Manen and Maurice Béjart. She also established a carreer as a performer with Ismael Ivo and Maurice Béjart.
- Marcia Haydée, dancer.
- Vendor-supplied metadata.
- Blavier, Jean-Christophe, film director.
Haydée, Marcia, choreographer dancer.
JCB (Firm), production company.
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|