Paul Meyer, Conductor [electronic resource] : Portrait du clarinettiste français / Catherine Cabrol, director.
- [Place of publication not identified] : Mezzo : Bel Air Media : Pema Productions, 
1 online resource (1 video file (26 min.)) : sound, color
- Internet videos.
- System Details:
- A famous clarinettist for many years, Paul Meyer is also a young conductor. How and why does someone become a conductor? How does it feel to be face to face with the musicians that you direct, and the soloists? What does the future hold for Paul Meyer, clarinettist? How much is technique and how much is inspiration? This film follows Paul Meyer rehearsing in Prague and performing concerts in Strasbourg with the Virtuosi orchestra and the clarinettist Michel Portal performing solo. For Paul Meyer, these concerts are symbolic: they will enable the clarinettist he is, and the conductor he has become, to direct his "master." This documentary is also a chance to hear the Symphony no. 40 in G Minor and the Concerto for clarinet in A Major by Mozart, and the Konzertstücke for two clarinets, no. 1 in F Major, op. 113 and no. 2 in D Minor, op. 114. by Mendelssohn.
- Vendor-supplied metadata.
- Cabrol, Catherine, film director.
Bel Air Media.
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|