Night of long shadows [electronic resource] : a portrait of Mari Boine / Claudia Willke, director.
- [Place of publication not identified] : NDR : Sonic Art : Willke Film, 
1 online resource (1 video file (58 min., 9 sec.)) : sound, color
- Internet videos.
- System Details:
- A portrait of one of the most extraordinary folk singers: Mari Boine. Mari Boine Persen is a Norwegian singer, born in Laponia and with Sami roots, in 1956. Her music makes an unusual association of traditional Sami songs (the yoiks) with electronic melodies. As a little girl, Mari Boine dreamt to be a pop singer, a stewardess or a model ... All three jobs embodied perfectly the ideal of the Western female. But she followed another path. This film shows the singer in concert, and discusses her indigenous culture through the songs she wrote.
- Mari Boine.
- Vendor-supplied metadata.
- Willke, Claudia, film director.
Persen, Mari Boine, performer.
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|