Il sogno di Scipione documentary [electronic resource] : Salzburg Festival 2006 : an hour with Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, 1756-1791 / Paul Fenkart, Carl Plötzeneder, directors ; Michael Sturminger, stage director ; Unitel.
- Other Title:
- Salzburg Festival 2006
Hour with Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, 1756-1791
- [Place of publication not identified] : Unitel,  , ©2007
1 online resource (1 video file (52 min., 6 sec.)) : sound, color.
- Mozart, Wolfgang Amadeus, 1756-1791. Sogno di Scipione.
Opera -- Production and direction.
Mozart, Wolfgang Amadeus, 1756-1791 -- Criticism and interpretation.
Operas -- Excerpts.
- Internet videos.
- Narrated in German and English; sung in Italian.
- System Details:
- In 2006, the Mozart22 project took place in honor of the 250th anniversary of the composer's birth. It was a major project to recreate the twenty-two operas and oratorios composed by Mozart. This documentary goes behind the scenes of the production of Ascanio in Alba at that time. The Salzburg Festival of 2006 gathered the best specialists of the Mozart repertoire - singers, conductors and directors - to interpret this unique selection of works. Established in 1772 Mozart's Il sogno di Scipione is the story of a man who must choose between two women: one represents wealth and the other of virtue and constancy. This opera, less known than other Mozart operas, is a beautiful and profound work as evidenced by this documentary which is composed of extracts of the Opera (represented in Salzburg in 2006). It also contains interviews of the director (Michael Sturminger) and performers (Blagoj Nacoski Louise Fribo, Bernarda Bobro, Iain Paton, Robert Sellier, Anna Kovalko).
- Blagoj Nacoski, Scipione ; Louise Fribo, Costanza ; Bernarda Bobro, Fortuna ; Iain Paton, Publio ; Robert Sellier, Emilio ; Anna Kovalko, La Licenza.
- Performance recorded 2006 Salzburger Festspiele, Salzburg, Austria.
- Fenkart, Paul, film director.
Plötzeneder, Carl, film director.
Sturminger, Michael, 1963- stage director.
Nacoski, Blagoj, singer.
Fribo, Louise, singer.
Bobro, Bernarda, singer.
Paton, Iain, singer.
Sellier, Robert, 1979- singer.
Kovalko, Anna, singer.
Unitel Classica (Firm), production company.
- Container of: Mozart, Wolfgang Amadeus, 1756-1791. Sogno di Scipione. Selections.
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|