Sir Georg Solti, conductor [electronic resource] : a portrait : fate and venues of a career / Valérie Pitts, director ; Unitel.
- [Place of publication not identified] : Unitel,  , ©1984
- Conference Name:
- Bayreuther Festspiele. Orchester, instrumentalist.
1 online resource (1 video file (1 hr., 13 min., 13 sec.)) : sound, color.
- Solti, Georg, 1912-1997.
Conductors (Music) -- Biography.
Solti, Georg, 1912-1997
- In German.
- System Details:
- Sir Georg Solti (1912-1997), one of the greatest conductors of the 20th century, was a testament to the elegance and impeccable tastefulness of Central European music-making. Born in Budapest in 1912, he studied with Béla Bartók, Ernö von Dohnányi, Zoltán Kodály and Leo Weiner. In 1937, Toscanini chose him to be his assistant at the Salzburg Festival. After the war, Solti was appointed Music Director of the Bavarian State Opera. Further stations in his career were the Frankfurt Opera, the Royal Opera House Covent Garden and the London Philharmonic. His remarkable partnership with the Chicago Symphony began in 1954; he was named Music Director in 1969 and held this post for a phenomenal 22 years. He is credited with greatly extending and enhancing the orchestra's worldwide reputation. Solti died in September 1997, just before his 85th birthday. The fascinating portrait of the artist, Sir Georg Solti, Conductor - A Portrait, was produced with the participation of Isaac Stern, Hildegard Behrens, Wolfgang Wagner, the Bayreuth Festival Orchestra, the Chicago Symphony Orchestra, the Bavarian Radio Symphony Orchestra and the Royal Opera House, Covent Garden.
- Hildegard Behrens, soprano ; Isaac Stern, violin ; Bayreuther Festspielorchester ; Chicago Symphony Orchestra ; Symphonieorchester des Bayerischen Rundfunks ; Sir Georg Solti, conductor.
- Vendor-supplied metadata.
- Solti, Valerie, film director.
Behrens, Hildegard, singer.
Stern, Isaac, 1920-2001, instrumentalist.
Solti, Georg, 1912-1997, conductor.
Chicago Symphony Orchestra, instrumentalist.
Bayerischer Rundfunk. Orchester, instrumentalist.
Unitel Classica (Firm), production company.
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|