Elina Garanca [electronic resource] : naturally a singer : portrait of the iconic mezzo-soprano / Claire Alby, director.
- Other Title:
- Naturally a singer
Portrait of the iconic mezzo-soprano
- [Place of publication not identified] : [publisher not identified], [20--?]
1 online resource (1 video file (52 min., 59 sec.)) : sound, color.
- Garanča, Elīna, 1976-.
Mezzo-sopranos -- Biography.
Singers -- Biography.
- Internet videos.
- In German.
- System Details:
- This documentary sets out to discover the iconic Latvian mezzo-soprano Elīna Garanča, from her childhood days to becoming the success that she is today. Elīna Garanča is one of the biggest stars of opera. The New York Times said of her that she "sings with a rich sonority, an infallible sense of nuance and phrasing, and an extremely distinguished sensuality." After her debut highly acclaimed Salzburg Festival in 2003, Elīna Garanča has gained notoriety on the biggest international stages. Through the daily life of an opera star and her account of her experience, the documentary aims to be an exposition of the path of the young performers at the moment and all that one has to sacrifice in order to focus entirely on their goal. "At some point, you shut down completely. You want to let anyone know this feeling because you have given and revealed everything that you have, and you feel drained and somehow lost." (Elīna Garanča).
- Elīna Garanča, mezzo-soprano.
- Vendor-supplied metadata.
- Alby, Claire, film director.
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|