Buchbinder's Beethoven [electronic resource] : a musical conversation between Rudolf Buchbinder and Joachim Kaiser / Christoph Engel, director ; Unitel.
- Other Title:
- Musical conversation between Rudolf Buchbinder and Joachim Kaiser
- [Place of publication not identified] : UNITEL,  , ©2011
1 online resource (1 video file (28 min., 13 sec.)) : sound, color.
- Beethoven, Ludwig van, 1770-1827 -- Criticism and interpretation.
Beethoven, Ludwig van, 1770-1827.
- Criticism, interpretation, etc.
- In German with English subtitles.
- System Details:
- An exciting video featuring a musical conversation between Rudolf Buchbinder and Joachim Kaiser. Through these conversations, Rudolf Buchbinder and Joachim Kaiser narrate their relationship to Ludwig van Beethoven: how they have discovered him, how they fell in love with his music. They explain being as much interested in the man behind the artist as they are interested in his music. Watch this video, listen to them talking, playing and trying to understand the artist's intentions. This video also features extracts from Rudolf Buchbinder's concert with the Wiener Philharmoniker. Following the custom of concert practice in the classical era, Buchbinder directed the orchestra from his seat at the piano, often with only a slight motion of the hand or body. "No other pianist plays Beethoven in such a supremely classic manner and at such a high level," wrote the Vienna's Kurier about Rudolf Buchbinder's performance of all five Beethoven piano concertos with the Wiener Philharmoniker.
- Rudolf Buchbinder, piano, commentator ; Joachim Kaiser, commentator.
- Vendor-supplied metadata.
- Engel, Christoph, 1925- film director.
Buchbinder, Rudolf, 1946- instrumentalist, commentator.
Kaiser, Joachim, 1928-2017, commentator.
Unitel Classica (Firm), production company.
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|