Crossing borders : Daniel Barenboim on music. II/III, Musical approaches [electronic resource] / Paul Smaczny, director ; Accentus Music.
- Other Title:
- Daniel Barenboim on music. II/III
- [Place of publication not identified] : ACCENTUS Music,  , ©2012
1 online resource (1 video file (26 min., 35 sec.)) : sound, color.
- Music -- Interpretation (Phrasing, dynamics, etc.)
Orchestral music -- Interpretation (Phrasing, dynamics, etc.)
- Internet videos.
- In German and English; the German with English subtitles.
- System Details:
- This three-part documentary accompanies outstanding artist Daniel Barenboim on his quest into the social meaning of music and the secrets of sound. It features him as a UN Messenger of Peace leading a spectacular concert in Gaza in May 2011, working with the West-Eastern Divan Orchestra and conducting the Cairo Symphony Orchestra for the very first time. In addition, the programme opens up a fascinating cultural discourse by depicting Barenboim discussing Wagner, politics and music. Also featured discussing these subjects are figures, who have shaped contemporary history, among others Pierre Boulez, Joschka Fischer and Richard von Weizsäcker. Like almost no other musician of our time the conductor and pianist Daniel Barenboim conveys music in its various facets -- enthusiastically and with unique precision. How does Barenboim bring an orchestral score to life? How is he able to create a musical sound that touches the audience and orchestra musicians equally? Barenboim demonstrates how music can be interpreted richly and subtly. The viewers get an intimate insight into Barenboim's musical approaches towards the secrets of music and its sound.
- Daniel Barenboim, conductor, commentator.
- Vendor-supplied metadata.
- Smaczny, Paul, film director.
Barenboim, Daniel, 1942- commentator, conductor.
ACCENTUS Music (Firm), production company.
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|