Crossing borders : Daniel Barenboim on music. III/III, Music and taboo : Wagner in Israel [electronic resource] / Paul Smaczny, director ; Accentus Music.
- Other Title:
- Daniel Barenboim on music. III/III
Music and taboo : Wagner in Israel
Wagner in Israel
- [Place of publication not identified] : ACCENTUS Music,  , ©2012
1 online resource (1 video file (27 min., 57 sec.)) : sound, color.
- Music and state -- Israel.
Music -- Political aspects -- Israel.
Music and antisemitism.
Wagner, Richard, 1813-1883 -- Relations with Jews.
- Internet videos.
- In German and English; the German with English subtitles.
- System Details:
- This three-part documentary accompanies outstanding artist Daniel Barenboim on his quest for music's social meaning. He, who was nominated for the title of "Messenger of Peace" has organised. This documentary features Daniel Barenboim conducting a spectacular concert in Gaza in May 2011. He worked with the West-Eastern Divan Orchestra and conducting the Cairo Symphony Orchestra for the very first time. In addition, the programme opens up a fascinating cultural discourse by depicting Barenboim discussing Wagner, politics and music. Also featured discussing these subjects are figures, who have shaped contemporary history, among others Pierre Boulez, Joschka Fischer and Richard von Weizsäcker. The third part focuses on Richard Wagner in reference to his taboo in Israel. Daniel Barenboim addresses the question whether music as an art form can be judged from a purely musical perspective or if it can't be separated from the views and beliefs of its creator.
- Daniel Barenboim, commentator, conductor.
- Vendor-supplied metadata.
- Smaczny, Paul, film director.
Barenboim, Daniel, 1942- commentator, conductor.
ACCENTUS Music (Firm), production company.
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|