The mystery of Coppélia [electronic resource] / Patrice Bart, choreographer, stage director ; Reiner E. Moritz, director ; Opéra national de Paris, Telemondis, France.
- [Place of publication not identified] : Opéra national de Paris -- Telmondis -- France, 
1 online resource (1 video file (29 min., 41 sec.)) : sound, color.
- Coppélia (Choreographic work : Bart).
Ballet -- Production and direction.
Ballets -- Excerpts.
- Internet videos.
- In French, with English subtitles.
- System Details:
- Choreographer Patrice Bart has explored Arthur Saint-Léon's ballet Coppélia. He has created his very own version of the choreography. In this behind the scenes movie, Brigitte Lefèvre (former Director of Dance at the Paris Opera Ballet), Patrice Bart (choreographer) and principal dancers talk about their reading of the ballet. Former Director of Dance of the Opéra national de Paris Brigitte Lefèvre, choreographer of the ballet Patrice Bart and "étoile" principal dancers Dorothée Gilbert (Zwanilda), Mathias Heymann (Frantz) and Jose Martinez (Coppelius) share their understanding of the ballet Coppélia. They explain all interpretive choices. To create this ballet, Patrice Bart has revisited the original text which has inspired his choreography to Saint-Léon: The Sandman written by E.T.A Hoffmann. These additions have brought a new depth to the story: the atmosphere is darker and more complexe than in the original version. The character of Coppelius has gained in importance and in intensity. The role was created especially for José Martinez. Patrice Bart has also created a new love triangle (Coppelius, Swanilda, Frantz) which is much more ambiguous and sensual than the original one (Frantz, Coppélia, Swanilda). This ballet truly represents "the French School," which is very important for the opera and for us. (Dorothée Gilbert).
- Brigitte Lefèvre, interviewee ; Patrice Bart, choreographer, interviewee ; Dorothée Gilbert, Mathias Heymann, José Martinez, dancers, interviewees.
- Vendor-supplied metadata.
- Moritz, Reiner E., film director.
Lefèvre, Brigitte, interviewee.
Bart, Patrice, choreographer, interviewee.
Gilbert, Dorothée, dancer, interviewee.
Heymann, Mathias, 1987- dancer, interviewee.
Martinez, José, dancer, interviewee.
Opéra national de Paris, production company.
Telmondis (Firm), production company.
- Delibes, Léo, 1836-1891. Coppélia. Selections
Container of: Coppélia (Choreographic work : Bart). Selections.
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|