Richard Tauber ; [electronic resource] Lauritz Melchior / Jan Schmidt-Garre, director ; Pars Media, in collaboration with BR, NDR, ORB, SDR, SFB, SR, SWF and WDR.
- [Place of publication not identified] : PARS MEDIA in collaboration with BR, NDR, ORB, SDR, SFB, SR, SWF and WDR,  , ©1997
1 online resource (1 video file (56 min.)) : sound, color.
- Tauber, Richard, 1891-1948.
Tenors (Singers) -- Biography.
Singing -- Interpretation (Phrasing, dynamics, etc.)
- Internet videos.
- In German and English; the German with English subtitles.
- System Details:
- Discover the Bel-Canto Series: The Tenors of the 78 Era, 13 portraits of the most illustrious lyrical singers of the beginning of the 20th century. We present 2 episodes: Richard Tauber and Lauritz Melchior. Jan Schmidt-Garre has produced two documentaries of outstanding intelligence and quality. Richard Tauber, the Austrian tenor, marked people's minds. He enjoyed unprecedented popularity at the operas of Munich and Vienna where he played the role of Calaf in the first Turandot in 1926. He made appearances in the repertoire of the Viennese operetta from 1925 (with Paganini) and Lehar wrote works for him that he sang many times. This profuse and disparate activity was coupled with many recordings and a great deal of film acting. Allegedly he had perfect pitch and the scope of his repertoire was impressive. The second documentary recounts, through archive footage and the analysis of excerpts of operas, the life of Danish tenor Lauritz Melchior who knew Furtwängler, Arturo Toscanini and many other prominent figures of the period. He was the main Wagnerian tenor from 1926 to 1950 at the Metropolitan Opera where he performed Tristan more than 200 times and Siegfried 181 times. This tenor left his mark thanks to his charisma, his talent as an actor and his inexhaustible energy. At the age of 70 he was still singing the first act of the Valkyrie on Danish radio! A phenomenon not to be missed!.
- Richard Tauber, Lauritz Melchior, tenors.
- Vendor-supplied metadata.
- Schmidt-Garre, Jan, film director.
Tauber, Richard, 1891-1948, singer.
Melchior, Lauritz, singer.
Pars Media (Firm), production company.
Bayerischer Rundfunk, production company.
Norddeutscher Rundfunk, production company.
Ostdeutscher Rundfunk Brandenburg, production company.
Süddeutscher Rundfunk, production company.
Sender Freies Berlin, production company.
Saarländischer Rundfunk, production company.
Südwestfunk (Baden-Baden, Germany), production company.
Westdeutscher Rundfunk, production company.
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|