Pierre Boulez [electronic resource] : emotions and analysis / Paul Smaczny, Günter Atteln, directors ; EuroArts Music International.
- Other Title:
- Emotions and analysis
- [Place of publication not identified] : EuroArts Music International,  , ©2004
1 online resource (1 video file (53 min.)) : sound, color.
- Bartók, Béla, 1881-1945. Concertos, -- orchestra.
Boulez, Pierre, 1925-2016 -- Interviews.
Bartók, Béla, 1881-1945 -- Criticism and interpretation.
- Internet videos.
- In German, with English subtitles.
- System Details:
- The conductor Pierre Boulez (born in 1925) best describes his relationship with the music of composer Béla Bartók (1981-1945) as a "sympathy between musicians." The Frenchman has been involved with the music of the Hungarian composer for over five decades. Bartók and Boulez belong to the 20th century's most influential artists. A key work of Bartók is the Concerto for Orchestra, which was premiered in Boston in 1944. The Film "Emotion and Analysis" follows Pierre Boulez in his rehearsals of this composition with the Berlin Philharmonic. The documentary provides a fascinating look into the methods of the great master of modern music. The rehearsals take place in the spectacular setting of the monastery Mosteiro dos Jeronimos in Lisbon which was also the location of the annual European Concert of the Berlin Philharmonic for the year 2003. Pierre Boulez explains in a series of interviews the historical origins of Bartók's late work, his own personal style of interpretation and his role as conductor as well as his love of composing.
- Pierre Boulez, conductor, interviewee ; Berlin Philharmonic.
- Vendor-supplied metadata.
- Smaczny, Paul, film director.
Atteln, Günter, film director.
Boulez, Pierre, 1925-2016, conductor, interviewee.
Berliner Philharmoniker, instrumentalist.
EuroArts Music International GmbH, production company.
- Container of: Bartók, Béla, 1881-1945. Concertos, orchestra. Selections.
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|