Nutshell studies of unexplained death / David Smooke.
- Standardized Title:
- Works. Selections
- [New York] : New Focus Records, 
- Sound recording
1 audio disc (71 min.) ; 4 3/4 in.
- Toy piano with wind ensemble.
Songs (Medium voice) with instrumental ensemble.
Songs (High voice) with instrumental ensemble.
Toy piano and electronic music.
Bassoon and electronic music.
- Art music.
- Vocal works sung in English.
- System Details:
- digital optical
audio file CD audio
- Nutshell studies of unexplained death (15:48)
Transgenic fields, dusk (15:04)
A baby bigger grows than up was. Vol. I. A to breathing / based on a story by Michael Kimball, writing as Andy Devine (5:01)
Some details of hell / based on a poem by Lucie Brock-Broido (11:36)
21 miles to Coolville (8:31).
- David Smooke, toy piano (1st, 5th works) ; Karl Larsen, piano (2nd work) ; loadbang (3rd work) ; Lunar Ensemble (4th work) ; Michael Parker Harley, bassoons (6th work) ; Peabody Wind Ensemble ; Harlan Parker, conductor (1st work).
- The 1st work for toy piano and wind ensemble; 2nd work for piano; 3rd work for baritone voice/percussion, bass clarinet, trumpet, and trombone; 4th work for soprano, alto flute, clarinet, cello, and piano ; 5th work for toy piano with looping pedal; 6th work for bassoon and 3 recorded bassoons.
Title from disc label.
1st-5th works recorded at Peabody Institute.
6th work recorded at University of South Carolina.
Program notes in English on container.
- Parker, Harlan D., conductor.
Larson, Karl Curtis, instrumentalist.
Harley, Michael (Bassoonist) instrumentalist.
Peabody Wind Ensemble (Peabody Conservatory of Music), performer.
loadbang (Musical group), performer.
Lunar Ensemble, performer.
- Container of: Smooke, David. Nutshell studies of unexplained death.
Container of: Smooke, David. Transgenic fields, dusk.
Container of: Smooke, David. Baby bigger grows than up was. A to breathing.
Container of: Smooke, David. Some details of hell.
Container of: Smooke, David. down.stream.
Container of: Smooke, David. 21 miles to Coolville.
- Publisher Number:
173 New Focus Records
FCR173 New Focus Records
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|