Shunrinken kiranzu. Gassuidō kiranzu. = 春林軒竒覧圖. 合水堂竒覧圖.
- Other Title:
- Gassuidō kiranzu
- [Japan], [between 1859-1860?]
5 volumes (29, 24, 16, 18, 25 double leaves) : color illustrations, 268 x 186 mm bound to 268 x 186 mm.
- Hanaoka, Seishū, 1760-1835 -- Disciples -- Sources.
Surgical diseases -- Pictorial works.
Abnormalities, Human -- Japan -- Pictorial works.
Medicine -- Japan -- Miscellanea.
Patients -- Japan -- Pictorial works.
Hanaoka, Seishū, 1760-1835.
- Watercolors (paintings)
Manuscripts, Japanese -- 19th century.
- Illustrations of remarkable patients who visited Hanaoka Seishū's hospital Shunrinken in Wakayama, as well as its branch hospital in Osaka, Gassuidō, founded in 1816.
- 1-2. Shunrinken kiranzu
3-5. Gassuidō kiranzu.
- Title from title slips (daisen) on covers. No collective title.
Numbered "Haru natsu aki fuyu urū" ("spring, summer, autumn, winter, intercalary extra").
Colophons in volumes 2-5 refer to "kibi" and "kōshin" years [i.e. 1859-1860] in the Chinese sexagenary cycle.
Red ownership stamps on first page of each volume. Volumes 1-2, 4-5 stamped Ikkandō. Volume 3 stamped Rakuzandō.
Colophons in volumes 2-5 have red stamp of postscript author.
Colophon of volume 3 signed "Hokuriku-sei Satō Kei shoku", possibly referring to Satō Chikei.
The former Dewey call numbers included incorrect volume numbers for Volumes 2-5, which have been corrected on the covers.
Numbered "春夏秋冬閏" ("spring, summer, autumn, winter, intercalary extra").
Red ownership stamps on first page of each volume. Volumes 1-2, 4-5 stamped 一貫堂. Volume 3 stamped 楽山堂.
Colophon of volume 3 signed "北陸生佐藤敬識", possibly referring to 佐藤持敬.
- Penn Provenance:
- Gift of Walter Rogers Furness and William Henry Furness (University of Pennsylvania Libraries bookplate inside right cover of each volume).
- Cited as:
- UPenn Ms. Codex 1766.
- Satō, Chikei, active approximately 1860-1869, associated name.
Furness, Walter Rogers, donor.
Furness, William Henry, 1866-1920, donor.
佐藤持敬, active approximately 1860-1869, associated name.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|