Agents of change / California Newsreel presents ; Films with a Purpose ; a film by Frank Dawson & Abby Ginzberg ; produced and directed by Frank Dawson and Abby Ginzberg.
- [San Francisco, CA] : California Newsreel,  , ©2016
1 videodisc (66 minutes) : sound, color and black and white ; 4 3/4 inches
4 3/4 in. stamping
- San Francisco State College -- Student strike, 1968.
Cornell University -- Student strike, 1969.
Student movements -- California -- San Francisco.
Student movements -- New York (State) -- Ithaca.
Civil rights movements -- United States -- 20th century.
- Documentary films.
Video recordings for the hearing impaired.
- Open-captioned for the deaf and hard of hearing (SDH).
- System Details:
- DVD, NTSC, Region 1; widescreen (1.78:1 aspect ratio) presentation; stereo.
digital optical stereo
video file DVD video region 1
- From the well-publicized events at San Francisco State in 1968 to the image of black students with guns emerging from the takeover of the student union at Cornell University in April 1969, the struggle for a more relevant and meaningful education became a clarion call across the country in the late 1960s. Through the stories of the young men and women who were at the forefront of these efforts, Agents of Change examines the untold story of the racial conditions on college campuses and in the country that led to these protests, revealing how unprepared these institutions were when confronted by demands for black studies programs, safer housing, fairer judicial proceedings, and changes to democratize the institutions. The film's characters were at the crossroads of change and controversy at a pivotal time in America's history. Written by Ginzberg Films.
- Interviewees include Roger Alvarado, Zachary Carter, Harry Edwards and many others.
- Cinematographers, Ashley James [and six others]; editor, Marta Wohl; music, Patrice Rushen; spoken word artist, Nia Imani Dawson.
- Videodisc release of the motion picture produced in 2016.
- Local notes:
- Acquired for the Penn Libraries with assistance from the Sabin W. Colton, Jr., Memorial Fund.
- Dawson, Frank R., film director, film producer.
Ginzberg, Abby, film director, film producer.
Edwards, Harry, 1942- interviewee.
Alvarado, Roger interviewee.
Carter, Zachary, interviewee.
Rushen, Patrice, composer (expression)
Films with a Purpose (Firm), production company.
California Newsreel (Firm), presenter, publisher.
Sabin W. Colton, Jr., Memorial Fund.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|