Wilderness [electronic resource] : Legislation and Issues in the 113th Congress.
- [S.l] : [s.n.], 2013.
- Government document
1 online resource (1 online resource (23 p), digital, PDF file)
- United States. Congress -- Powers and duties.
Conservation of natural resources.
- This report is one in a series of updates. For the most recent coverage of this report series, please see 13-R4-1610b in the 2013 issue.
Presents background information on wilderness protection under the Wilderness Act, which established the National Wilderness Preservation System and directed that only Congress can designate new wilderness areas. Reviews subsequent designations, and discusses pros and cons of wilderness designation. Discusses major issues in wilderness debate, including bills designating wilderness areas, management in accordance with the Wilderness Act, wilderness and border security, and wilderness study areas and reviews for wilderness potential.
- Record is based on bibliographic data in ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection (last viewed Mar. 2014). Reuse except for individual research requires license from ProQuest, LLC.
- Library of Congress. Congressional Research Service.
- Other format:
- Microfiche version: Library of Congress. Congressional Research Service. Resources, Science, and Industry Division. Wilderness
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|