Yan Giguère / auteurs, Sylvain Campeau, Marie-Claude Landry, Valérie Litalien.
- Joliette (Québec) : Musée d'art de Joliette, 
257 pages : illustrations (some color), portraits ; 25 cm
- Giguère, Yan -- Exhibitions.
Photography -- Québec (Province) -- Exhibitions.
Photography, Artistic -- 21st century -- Exhibitions.
- Text in French and English.
- Yan Giguère arranges his photographs of innumerable sizes and shapes into astonishing assemblages from which unsuspected formal, narrative and poetic associations emerge. Working much like a film editor, he creates coherent artistic works that go well beyond the individual shot and the anecdotal scene to suggest endless perspectives of multiple realities. For Giguère the medium is integral to the message and he uses dozens of types of cameras, with a particular interest in popular models made between 1920 and 2005. The wide range of devices produces works that are often unpredictable and, when presented together, impossible to date. Yet, despite Giguère's fascination with the capture and production of the analog image, his mastery of the digital is subtly apparent throughout. This publication, with its oversized format and dozens of reproductions, echoes the spirit of abundance that characterizes the artist's work. Exhibition: Musée d'art de Joliette, Canada (08.10.16 - 08.01.2017).
- Catalog of an exhibition held at Musée d'art de Joliette, October 8, 2016-January 8, 2017.
Limited ed. of 500 copies.
Includes bibliographical references.
- Campeau, Sylvain, 1960- author.
Landry, Marie-Claude, 1979- author.
Litalien, Valérie, 1982- author.
Musée d'art de Joliette, host institution.
- Giguère, Yan. Photographs. Selections.
Yan Giguère. English.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|