The architecture of Britain / Doreen Yarwood.
- New York : Charles Scribner's Sons, .
276,  pages : illustrations, plans ; 26 cm.
- Architecture -- Great Britain -- History.
- Place of Publication:
- United States New York (State) New York.
- Part One. The Middle Ages
Part Two. Classical Dominance
Part Three. The Age of Revivals
Part Four. Modern Architecture.
- "The text of this book presents a broad commentary on and description of architecture in Britain from Saxon times until the present day, relating the building activity to the life of the people and to their relationship with other countries of influence at the time. More than half the contents of the book is illustrative, in line drawings and half-tones. This pictorial coverage includes buildings of all types--ecclesiastical and secular, civic and domestice--as well as architectural and ornamental detail."--Preface.
Includes bibliographical references (pages 263-266) and index.
- Local notes:
- Frost Collection copy presented to the Penn Libraries in 2010 by Robert Frost.
Frost Collection copy: dust jacket retained.
- Penn Provenance:
- Frost, Robert (donor) (Frost Collection copy)
- Penn Chronology:
- Robert Frost Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
- Other format:
- Online version: Yarwood, Doreen. Architecture of Britain.
- 0684147297 :
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|