Crop / distributed by Tetraktys Films ; Arsenal, institut für film und videokunst e.V. ; [a film by Johanna Domke, Marouan Omara].
- Alexandria, Virginia : Alexander Street, 
1 videodisc (50 min.) : sound, color ; 4 3/4 in.
4 3/4 in.
- Egypt -- History -- Protests, 2011-2013.
Egypt -- History -- 21st century.
Egypt -- Politics and government -- 21st century.
Revolutions -- Egypt -- History -- 21st century.
Protest movements -- Egypt -- History -- 21st century.
- Documentary films.
- In English.
- System Details:
- DVD-R, NTSC, Region 1; widescreen (1.85:1 aspect ratio) presentation; stereo.
digital optical stereo
video file DVD-R video region 1
- CROP is a creative documentary reflecting upon the impact of images in the Egyptian Revolution in 2011. The film refrains from showing any images from the uprisings but reveals the inside of Egypt's oldest and most influential state newspaper Al Ahram. In a row of meticulously composed tableau shots, we follow the proceedings inside the building from the top-level executive office towards the smallest worker. We are led by the story of a photo-journalist, that missed the revolution due to a hospital stay. His voice gives a personal reflection to the media ploys of the old regime.
- Narrator, Hany Elmetenawy.
- Director of photography, Melanie Brugger; editor, Johanna Domke, Emad Maher; music, Abdel Halim Hafez.
- "Voice over script, Johanna Domke & Marouan Omara, composed out of 19 interviews with photographers and journalists".
- Local notes:
- Acquired for the Penn Libraries with assistance from the Edward J. Lewis Book Fund.
- Domke, Johanna, 1978- filmmaker, editor of moving image work, screenwriter.
Omara, Marouan, 1987- filmmaker, screenwriter.
Elmetenawy, Hany, narrator.
Ḥāfiẓ, ʻAbd al-Ḥalīm, composer (expression)
Tetraktys Film Productions, film distributor.
Arsenal, Institut für Film und Videokunst, film production company.
Alexander Street Press, publisher.
Edward J. Lewis Book Fund.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|