Transport in multilayered nanostructures : the dynamical mean-field theory approach / James K. Freericks, Georgetown University, USA.
- Second edition.
- Covent Garden, London : Imperial College Press, 
- Singapore ; Hackensack, NJ : Distributed by World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd.
xvii, 432 pages : illustrations (some color) ; 24 cm
- Nanostructures -- Mathematics.
Thin films, Multilayered -- Mathematics.
Mean field theory.
- "Over the last 25 years, dynamical mean-field theory (DMFT) has emerged as one of the most powerful new developments in many-body physics. Written by one of the key researchers in the field, this book presents the first comprehensive treatment of this ever-developing topic. Transport in Mutlilayered Nanostructures is varied and modern in its scope, and: Develops the formalism of many-body Green's functions using the equation-of-motion approach Applies DMFT to study transport in multilayered nanostructures, which is likely to be one of the most prominent applications of nanotechnology in the coming years Develops formalism first for the bulk and then for the inhomogeneous multilayered systems Describes in great detail the science behind the metal-insulator transition, electronic charge reconstruction, strongly correlated contributions to capacitance, and superconductivity Includes complete derivations and emphasizes how to carry out numerical calculations, including discussions of parallel programming algorithms Provides descriptions of the crossover from tunneling to thermally activated transport, of the properties of Josephson junctions with barriers tuned near the metal-insulator transition of thermoelectric coolers and power generators and of nonequilibrium extensions to determine current-voltage characteristics as applications of the theory A series of over 40 problems help develop the skills to allow readers to reach the level of being able to contribute to research. This book is suitable for an advanced graduate course in DMFT, and for individualized study by graduate students, postdoctoral fellows and advanced researchers wishing to enter the field"-- Provided by publisher.
- Introduction to multilayered nanostructures
Dynamical mean-field theory in the bulk
Dynamical mean-field theory of a multilayered nanostructure
Thouless energy and normal-state transport
Josephson junctions and superconducting transport
Many-body effects on capacitance
Nonequilibrium effects in multilayers
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Publisher Number:
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|