A scanner darkly / Philip K. Dick.
- Book club edition
- Garden City, N.Y. : Doubleday, 1977.
220 pages ; 22 cm
- Science fiction, American.
Drug addiction -- Fiction.
- Science fiction.
- Place of Publication:
- United States New York (State) New York.
- Substance D - otherwise known as Death - is the most dangerous drug ever to find its way on to the black market. It destroys the links between the brain's two hemispheres, leading first to disorientation and then to complete and irreversible brain damage. Bob Arctor, undercover narcotics agent, is trying to find a lead to the source of supply, but to pass as an addict he must become a user, and soon, without knowing what is happening to him, he is as dependent as any of the addicts he is monitoring.
- First printing has a gutter code of "H05" on page 216; indicates a printing in January/February 1977.
Jacket Illustration by The Quays.
- Local notes:
- Adams Collection copy presented to the Penn Libraries in 2015 by Dr. Mark B. Adams.
Adams Collection copy wanting dustjacket. Has gutter code "H13".
- Penn Provenance:
- Adams, Mark B. (donor) (Adams Collection copy)
- Penn Chronology:
- Cited in:
- Internet Speculative Fiction Database, 230937
- Brothers Quay, illustrators.
Mark B. Adams Science Fiction Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
- Publisher Number:
- 01550 Science Fiction Book Club
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|