Wir sind das Volk! [electronic resource] : peaceful revolution and German reunification / Oliver Becker, director ; NHK, EuroArts, Videal, Brilliant Media.
- Other Title:
- Peaceful revolution and German reunification
- [Place of publication not identified] : NHK : EuroArts : Videal : Brilliant media,  , ©1999
1 online resource (1 video file (29 min.)) : sound, color
- Germany -- History -- Unification, 1990.
German reunification question (1949-1990)
Berlin Wall, Berlin, Germany, 1961-1989.
- Internet videos.
- In German.
- System Details:
- Remember: On the 9th of October 1989, the all decisive "Monday Demonstration" was held in Leipzig, exactly one month before the break down of the Berlin Wall. This day gained particular signiicance for the history of Europe because on that day an imminent civil war was be prevented by people's prudence, common sense and human intellect. The marvel about that day is that everyone kept calm although emotions were exposed to an extremely aggravated situation. The documentary will present a concise lookback of the events at the beginning of October 1989. The church of St. Nikolai in Leipzig is symbolic in its initiation of peaceful demonstrations. Several interviews, in particular with the Vicar of the Church, Christian Führer who by his persistence considerably influenced the non-violent end of the revolution, as well as documentary records, photos and reports by contemporary witnesses, impart a vivid impression of the importance and the atmosphere of those days in Leipzig.
- Vendor-supplied metadata.
- Becker, Oliver, 1967- film director.
Nihon Hōsō Kyōkai, production company.
EuroArts Entertainment, production company.
Videal (Firm), production company.
Brilliant Media, production company.
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|