Don Giovanni [electronic resource] / Mozart ; Jonathan Kent, stage director ; Peter Maniura, director ; Idéale Audience, Glyndebourne, BBC, Mezzo.
- [Place of publication not identified] : Idéale Audience : Glyndebourne : BBC : Mezzo, 
1 online resource (1 video file (2 hr., 52 min.)) : sound, color
- Internet videos.
- Sung in Italian, with English subtitles.
- System Details:
- Mozart's second collaboration with the mercurial librettist Lorenzo da Ponte is among the very blackest of black comedies. For its first new production of the opera in 10 years, Glyndebourne is pleased to welcome back the winning team of director Jonathan Kent and designer Paul Brown, while the music is conducted by Festival Music Director, Vladimir Jurowski. In the title role we also welcome back the great bass-baritone Gerald Finley, who has appeared in many Glyndebourne productions since joining the Chorus in 1986 -- not least in the title role of Le nozze di Figaro at the opening of the new house in 1994. He has sung Don Giovanni to worldwide acclaim in New York, London, Paris, Vienna, Rome, Budapest and Prague. Finley is joined by Luca Pisaroni (Guglielmo in the 2006 Festival's Così fan tutte) as Leporello, Kate Royal (the Governess in Jonathan Kent's 2006 staging of The Turn of the Screw) as Donna Elvira, and the young Russian soprano Anna Samuil making her UK opera debut as Donna Anna.
- Brindley Sherratt (The commendatore) ; Anna Samuil (Donna Anna) ; William Burden (Don Ottavio) ; Gerald Finley (Don Giovanni) ; Luca Pisaroni (Leporello) ; Kate Royal (Donna Elvira) ; Anna Virovlansky (Zerlina) ; Guido Loconsolo (Masetto) ; Glyndebourne Chorus ; Orchestra of the Age of Enlightenment ; Vladimir Jurowski, conductor.
- Opera in two acts.
Recorded 2010 Glyndebourne, Lewes, Great Britain.
- Maniura, Peter, film director.
Sherratt, Brindley, singer.
Samuil, Anna, 1976- singer.
Burden, William, 1964- singer.
Finley, Gerald, 1960- singer.
Pisaroni, Luca, 1975- singer.
Royal, Kate, singer.
Virovlansky, Anna, 1978- singer.
Loconsolo, Guido, singer.
Jurowski, Vladimir, 1972- conductor.
Glyndebourne Festival Chorus, singer.
Orchestra of the Age of Enlightenment, instrumentalist.
Idéale Audience International, production company.
Glyndebourne Enterprises, production company.
British Broadcasting Corporation, production company.
Mezzo (Television station : Paris, France), production company.
- Mozart, Wolfgang Amadeus, 1756-1791. Don Giovanni.
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|