Mariss Jansons conducts the Royal Concertgebouw Orchestra -- With Janine Jansen, Thomas Hampson and Lang Lang [electronic resource] : Gala concert for the 125th anniversary of the Concertgebouw Amsterdam / Jan Honselaar, director.
- [Place of publication not identified] : AVRO,  , ©2013
- Conference Name:
- Concertgebouw Amsterdam.
1 online resource (1 video file (1 hr., 41 min.)) : sound, color
- Internet videos.
- System Details:
- Mariss Jansons, Lang Lang, Janine Jansen, Thomas Hampson as well as musicians from top European orchestras are joining forces to celebrate the 125th anniversary of the Concertgebouw, one of the world's leading concert halls. The Concertgebouw was officially inaugurated on 11 April 1888. Public interest was so great that Amsterdam experienced its very first traffic jam (of carriages). 125 years later, during the month of April 2013, the RCO and the Concertgebouw are organized an anniversary concert together. Under the baton of its chief conductor Mariss Jansons, the orchestra welcoms three popular guest soloists: Lang Lang performing Prokofiev's virtuoso Piano Concerto No. 3 (third movement), Janine Jansen playing Saint-Saëns's Introduction and rondo capriccioso (one of the violinist's most beloved scores, which rendition was greatly acclaimed in the Concertgebouw hall) and Thomas Hampson singing Lieder by Gustav Mahler. Musicians from the RCO, the Vienna and Berlin Philharmonic Orchestras and the Symphonieorchester des Bayerischen Rundfunks are joining forces for a performance of the Elégie from Tchaikovsky's Serenade for Strings. The concert, which opens with a prelude from The Master-Singers of Nuremberg by Wagner, closes with Richard Strauss's orchestral suite for The Knight of the Rose. Like Gustav Mahler, Richard Strauss happened to conduct the orchestra several times during his career.
- The Mastersingers of Nuremberg / Richard Wagner
Lieder eines fahrenden Gesellen / Gustav Mahler
Des Knaben WunderHorn / Gustav Mahler
Piano Concerto No. 3 in C Major, Op. 26 / Sergei Prokofiev
Serenade for Strings in C Major, Op. 48 / Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky
Introduction & Rondo Capriccioso, Op. 28 / Camille Saint-Saëns
Orchestral Suite from "Der Rosenkavalier", Op. 59 / Richard Strauss
Interview / Thomas Hampson
Interview / Lang Lang
The Royal Concertgebouw Orchestra and Mariss Jansons / Mariss Jansons
Interview / Janine Jansen.
- Royal Concertgebouw Orchestra.
- Royal Concertgebouw, Amsterdam, Netherlands.
- Honselaar, Jan, film director.
Orchestra, Royal Concertgebouw, performer.
A.V. Roe and Co.
- Container of: Wagner, Richard. Mastersingers of Nuremberg.
Container of: Mahler, Gustav. Lieder eines fahrenden Gesellen.
Container of: Mahler, Gustav. Des Knaben WunderHorn.
Container of: Prokofiev, Sergei. Piano Concerto No. 3 in C Major, op. 26.
Container of: Tchaikovsky, Pyotr Ilyich. Serenade for Strings in C Major, op. 48.
Container of: Saint-Saëns, Camille. Introduction & Rondo Capriccioso, op. 28.
Container of: Strauss, Richard. Orchestral Suite from "Der Rosenkavalier", op. 59.
Container of: Hampson, Thomas. Interview.
Container of: Lang, Lang. Interview.
Container of: Jansons, Mariss. Royal Concertgebouw Orchestra and Mariss Jansons.
Container of: Jansen, Janine. Interview.
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|