Multiple maniacs / Dreamland Studios presents ; produced, directed, written, filmed and edited by John Waters ; a Dreamland production.
- Director-approved DVD special edition.
- [New York, New York] : The Criterion Collection, 
- Criterion collection ; 863.
The Criterion collection ; 863
1 videodisc (96 min.) : sound, black and white ; 4 3/4 in. + 1 folded insert (illustrations ; 19 cm.)
4 3/4 in. stamping
- Mentally ill -- Drama.
Sideshows -- Drama.
Murder -- Drama.
- Dark comedy films.
Video recordings for the hearing impaired.
- Open-captioned for the deaf and hard of hearing (SDH).
- System Details:
- DVD, NTSC, Region 1; widescreen (1.66:1 aspect ratio) presentation; Dolby Digital mono.
digital optical monaural
video file DVD video region 1
- "John Waters' gloriously grotesque second feature is replete with all manner of depravity, from robbery to murder to one of cinema's most memorably blasphemous sequences. Made on a shoestring budget in Waters' native Baltimore, with the filmmaker taking on nearly every technical task, this gleeful mockery of the peace-and-love ethos of its era features the Cavalcade of Perversion, a traveling show mounted by a troupe of misfits whose shocking proclivities are topped only by those of their leader: the glammer-than-glam, larger-than-life Divine, out for blood after discovering her lover's affair. Starring members of Waters' beloved regular cast, the Dreamlanders ... Multiple Maniacs is an anarchic masterwork from an artist who has doggedly tested the limits of good taste for decades"--Container.
- Divine, David Lochary, Mary Vivian Pearce, Mink Stole, Cookie Mueller, Edith Massey, Susan Lowe, Rick Morrow, Howard Gruber, Paul Swift, Vince Peranio, Jim Thompson, Dee Vitolo, Ed Peranio, Bob Skidmore, Margie Skidmore, Jack Walsh, Susan Walsh, Gilbert McGill, Pat Moran, Paul Landis, Mark Lazarus, Harvey Freed, Suzie Nichols, Steve Waters, Julia Richardson, Will Cullen, Jack Roberts, Mark Isherwood, Berenica Cipcus, Hawley Peterson, Tom Wells, Michael Renner, Cowboy, George Figgs.
- Original music, George S. Clinton.
- Videodisc release of the motion picture produced in 1970.
Special features: new 4k digital restoration, supervised by director John Waters; new audio commentary featuring Waters; new interviews with cast and crew members Pat Moran, Vincent Peranio, Mink Stole, Susan Lowe and George Figgs; The stations of filth (a video essay by film scholar Gary Needham); original theatrical trailer; an essay by critic Linda Yablonsky (on insert).
- Local notes:
- Acquired for the Penn Libraries with assistance from the Alec Harris & Carollina Song Fund.
- Waters, John, 1946- film producer, screenwriter, film director, director of photography, editor of moving image work.
Clinton, George S., composer (expression)
Divine, 1945-1988, actor.
Lochary, David, 1944-1977, actor.
Pearce, Mary Vivian, actor.
Stole, Mink, actor.
Mueller, Cookie, actor.
Massey, Edith, actor.
Lowe, Susan, 1948- actor.
Morrow, Rick, actor.
Gruber, Howard, actor.
Swift, Paul, 1934-1994, actor.
Peranio, Vincent, actor.
Thompson, Jim, (Actor), actor.
Vitolo, Dee, actor.
Peranio, Ed, actor.
Skidmore, Bob, actor.
Skidmore, Margie, actor.
Walsh, Jack, -2014, actor.
Walsh, Susan, 1948-2009, actor.
McGill, Gilbert, actor.
Moran, Pat, actor.
Landis, Paul, actor.
Lazarus, Mark, actor.
Freed, Harvey, actor.
Nichols, Suzie, actor.
Waters, Steve, (1951-2009), actor.
Richardson, Julia, actor.
Cullen, William Kirby, actor.
Roberts, Jack, 1912-1980, actor.
Isherwood, Mark, actor.
Cipcus, Berenica, actor.
Peterson, Hawley, actor.
Wells, Tom, (Production designer), actor.
Renner, Michael, Jr., actor.
Figgs, George, actor.
Dreamland Films, production company.
Dreamland Studios, presenter
Criterion Collection (Firm), publisher.
Alec Harris & Carollina Song Fund.
- Publisher Number:
CC2741DDVD The Criterion Collection
CC2741D The Criterion Collection
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|