Die Sabbathi, 20 Januarii 1649. Lieutenant General Hammond, Colonel Okey, and other officers of the army, this day presented a petition to the House, with a draught of The agreement of the people : the petitioners being called in, Mr Speaker, by command of the House, gave them this answer.
- [London : s.n., 1649]
1 sheet ( p.) ; 18 x 14 cm.
- m.s. f-to vef- hem- (S) 1649 (Q)
- Hammond, Robert, 1621-1654 -- Early works to 1800.
Okey, John, -1662 -- Early works to 1800.
England and Wales. Army -- Political activity -- Early works to 1800.
Great Britain -- Politics and government -- 1642-1649 -- Early works to 1800.
Great Britain -- History -- Civil War, 1642-1649 -- Early works to 1800.
- Place of Publication:
- England London.
- Text signed at end: Hen: Scobel, Cler. Parl. Dom. Com.
Place of printing from ESTC.
Broadside (horizontal chain lines).
Type ornament head- and tail-piece.
Line 22 ends: "And I do, in their name, give". (Cf. Wing F213 in EEBO, facing the title leaf of the Union Theological Seminary copy of "A petition from His Excellency Thomas Lord Fairfax and the General Councel of Officers of the Army, to the Honourable the Commons of England in Parliament assembled, concerning the draught of An agreement of the people for a secure and present peace, by them framed and prepared"). A variant: line 22 ends: "And I do, in their Name,". (Cf. Thomason E.539/Wing L1979A in EEBO).
- Local notes:
- RBC copy bound with: Fairfax, Thomas Fairfax, Baron. A declaration from His Excellencie Sr. Thomas Fairfax, and his Councell of Warre. London : Printed by M. Simmons for George Whittington, 1647.
- Penn Chronology:
- Cited in:
- Wing (CD-ROM, 1996) L1979A
- Lenthall, William, 1591-1662.
Scobell, Henry, -1660.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|