Boosting African farm yields [electronic resource] / Michael Fleshman
- [Place of publication not identified] : United Nations, 2014.
- Government document
1 online resource (2 pages)
- Local subjects:
- Agriculture Rural Development and Forestry. (search)
- For tens of millions of people in rural Africa, life has gotten harder in recent years. Reliant on erratic rains, working exhausted soil and hobbled by decades of underinvestment and neglect, many have sunk deeper into poverty as agriculture - the mainstay of the region's economy - continues to face neglect. A growing number of African governments and UN and non-governmental agencies argue that unless urgent efforts are made to raise crop yields, build transportation and marketing systems and adopt modern, sustainable farming methods, the continent will fail to reach its development goals and the rural majority will reap only meagre harvests.
- Contained In:
- Africa Renewal Vol. 27, no. 4, p. 16-17
- Publisher Number:
- 10.18356/adebf5df-en doi
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|