Bringing water to Africa's poor [electronic resource] / Efami Dovi
- [Place of publication not identified] : United Nations, 2007.
- Government document
1 online resource (3 pages)
- Local subjects:
- Economic and Social Development. (search)
- Until six years ago, Eugenia Uwamahoro and several of her eight children had to trek 2 kilometres each day to a river to get about 140 litres of water for drinking, cooking, washing and feeding her four cows. There was a water pump in her village, Nyakabingo, in Rwanda's Gicumbi district, but it hardly functioned. Then the Rwandan government, with financial support from the UN Children's Fund (UNICEF), repaired the pump, and the community contracted a private manager to maintain it.
- Contained In:
- Africa Renewal Vol. 21, no. 3, p. 7-9
- Publisher Number:
- 10.18356/460cf1d8-en doi
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|