Voluntary standards and development [electronic resource] / Jarle Hetland
- [Place of publication not identified] : United Nations, 2016.
- Government document
1 online resource (1 pages)
- Local subjects:
- International Trade and Finance. (search)
- What are private voluntary standards? In a nutshell they are guidelines that can be applied to processes and production methods, and submitted for independent certification. These voluntary standards are developed by non-governmental entities such as businesses, not-for-profit organizations or multi-stakeholder initiatives. Voluntary standards today cover everything from cocoa and tea to cotton and textiles, but they also cover issues such as labour and greenhouse gas emissions.
- Contained In:
- International Trade Forum Vol. 2015, no. 3, p. 15-15
- Publisher Number:
- 10.18356/46806f32-en doi
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|