UNCTAD-EORA Global Value Chain Database: methodology and further research agenda [electronic resource] / UNCTAD
- [Place of publication not identified] : United Nations, 2015.
- Government document
1 online resource (15 pages)
- Local subjects:
- Economic and Social Development. (search)
- The objective of this note is to explain the methodology for compiling the UNCTAD-EORA Global Value Chain (GVC) database. The data are generated from the multi-region input-output table assembled by the EORA project. The computation for measuring trade in value added data follows the widely accepted procedure, as described in Koopman and others (2010). The differences between the UNCTAD-EORA database and other attempts to measure trade in value added arise from the coverage, the method for compiling the input-output table and the treatment of "reflected domestic value added". This note concludes by highlighting challenges in interpreting the resulting, especially the issues arising from the prevalence of trade in capital goods (fixed assets) and crossborder flows of financial capital.
- Contained In:
- Transnational Corporations Vol. 21, no. 3, p. 57-71
- Publisher Number:
- 10.18356/ec2b4828-en doi
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|