Improving Efficiency in Forestry Operations and Forest Product Processing in Kenya [electronic resource]: A Viable REDD+ Policy and Measure? / UNEP
- [Place of publication not identified] : United Nations, 2016.
- Government document
1 online resource (73 pages)
- Local subjects:
- Environment and Climate Change
- This report seeks to assess whether increased efficiency in forestry operations and forest product processing and utilization constitute viable policies and measures to reduce emissions from deforestation and forest degradation (REDD+) for the Government of Kenya, with the potential to attract public and/ or private investments to enable REDD+ implementation. In particular, the report focuses on the extent to which efficiency improvements in commercial logging, sawmills, charcoal production, use of charcoal and firewood in cooking stove technology, and wood usage in industrial processes can address supply deficiency in the forest sector, reduce pressures on forests, and ultimately reduce or eliminate net forest carbon emissions.
- Summary for policy makers
- Publisher Number:
- 10.18356/726c4bc8-en doi
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|