South Africa's Nuclear-Tipped Ballistic Missile Capability [electronic resource] / UNODA
- [Place of publication not identified] : United Nations, 1992.
- Disarmament. Study series 2412-0014 ; no.23.
Disarmament: Study series
- Government document
1 online resource (65 pages)
- Local subjects:
- Disarmament. (search)
South Africa. (search)
- This report examines South Africa's nuclear and missile programmes in an attempt to establish the facts about its capabilities and to the extent possible, to determine its intentions. The analysis cannot be divorced from, nor seen in isolation from, the political context. It addresses the effects the recent political evolution in South Africa and its relations with its neighbours have had on its nuclear programme? Considering the secrecy surrounding nuclear programmes the information presented in this publication is impressive.
- Foreword by the Secretary-General
Letter of transmittal
South Africa's policies and regional security
South Africa's nuclear capability
South Africa's long-range missile programme
Possible prospects and their implications for peace in the region
Background to South African military-industrial development and current missile production capabilities
South African nuclear and missile-related facilities.
- Publisher Number:
- 10.18356/8afa8632-en doi
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|