The cloud messenger ; [electronic resource] A choral fantasia ; Part-songs / Gustav Holst.
- Standardized Title:
- Choral music. Selections
- Colchester, Essex, England : Chandos, 
- Chandos 2 for 1
- Sound recording
1 online resource (147 minutes)
- Choruses, Secular (Mixed voices) with orchestra.
Choruses, Sacred (Mixed voices) with orchestra.
Choruses, Secular (Mixed voices), Unaccompanied.
Choruses, Sacred (Mixed voices), Unaccompanied.
Choruses, Secular (Men's voices) with instrumental ensemble.
Choruses, Sacred (Women's voices), Unaccompanied.
Choruses, Secular (Women's voices) with instrumental ensemble.
Part songs, English.
- Part songs.
- Sung chiefly in English ; one selection in Latin.
- System Details:
- data file
- Cloud messenger : H111 (43:11)
Hymn of Jesus : H140 (22:24)
Ave Maria : H49 (3:48)
Evening watch : H159 (4:37)
Seven part-songs, H162 (23:05)
Choral Fantasia : H177 (16:42)
Dirge for two veterans : H121 (6:31)
Ode to death : H144 (12:27)
This have I done for my true love : H128 (5:48)
Four part-songs. O lady leave that silken thread (2:46) ; Soft and gently (1:09) ; The autumn is old (1:56) ; Winter and the birds (1:37).
- Della Jones, mezzo-soprano (1st work), Patricia Rozario, soprano (8th work) ; London Symphony Chorus (1st-2nd, 8th works) ; London Symphony Orchestra (1st-2nd works) ; City of London Sinfonia (5th-8th works) ; Joyful Company of Singers (5th-7th works) ; Finzi Singers, Paul Spicer, conductor (remainder) ; Richard Hickox, conductor (1st-2nd, 5th-8th works).
- Includes liner notes in English, German, and French.
Streaming audio files.
Title from resource description page (viewed March 21, 2016).
- Alexander Street Press.
- Other format:
- Original cat. no.: CHAN 241-6
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|