Community oriented primary care [electronic resource] : new directions for health services delivery - conference proceedings / edited by Eileen Connor and Fitzhugh Mullan ; Division of Health Care Services, Institute of Medicine.
- Washington, D.C. : National Academy Press, 1983.
- Conference Name:
- Conference on Community Oriented Primary Care (1982 : Washington, D.C.)
1 online resource (313 p.)
- Community health services -- Congresses.
Public health -- Congresses.
- Electronic books.
- Community Oriented Primary Care; Copyright; PREFACE; Contents; Overview and Summary; Community Oriented Primary Care: Lessons LEarned in Three Decades; CASE # 1: 1955-1960; CASE # 2: 1962-1968; CASE # 3: 1970-PRESENT; CASE # 4: 1980-PRESENT; REFERENCES; PART I THEORETICAL ISSUES; Community Oriented Primary Care: Meaning and Scope; GENERAL CONSIDERATIONS; Primary Health Care and Community Medicine; Basic Features of COPC; The Need for Coordination or Integration of Community Health Services; Community-Based Primary Health Care; SOME SPECIAL FEATURES OF COPC; Clinical Epidemiology in COPC
Case Illustration of Clinical EpidemiologyDetermining Priorities; Community Diagnosis and Epidemiologic Surveillance; Evaluation; A Note on Other Programs in This COPC; Social and Behavioral Aspects of COPC; Community Involvement in COPC; Training for COPC; From Solo Practice to Group Practice and the Health Team; The Preparation of Physicians for COPC; Training Centers; PROCESSES IN THE DEVELOPMENT OF COPC; Preliminary Steps; Community Health Diagnosis; Planning of Intervention; Implementation; Evaluation; Decision Making for Future Action; References
The Meaning of Community Oriented Primary Care in the American ContextDEFINITIONS: THE IDEOLOGY OF COMMUNITY MEDICINE; SIX FALLACIES IN SEARCH OF A DEFINITION; The Geographic Fallacy; The Demographic Fallacy; The Organizational Fallacy; The Community Orientation/Awareness Fallacy; The Community Involvement Fallacy; The Epidemiologic Fallacy; CRITERIA FOR COMMUNITY ORIENTED PRIMARY CARE; COPC AND THE UNITED STATES SYSTEM: A PROBLEM LIST; STARTING WHERE WE ARE, WITH THE PEOPLE AND PROGRAMS WE HAVE; Community Health Centers and COPC: History and Impact; Variation in COPC: Two Examples
SOME SPECIFIC PROPOSALSEducation and Training; Service Programs; CONCLUSION: A NOTE ON DREAMS AND NECESSITIES; References; Discussants; Community Oriented Primary Care: An International Perspective; MOVEMENTS INFLUENCING COPC; The Family Medicine Movement; The Community Medicine Movement; The Primary Care Movement; REFLECTIONS ABOUT COPC PROJECTS EXTRACTED FROM THE CALI EXPERIENCE; An International Perspective on COPC; An Attempt to Improve the Surgical Care Delivery in the Cauca Valley; References; Discussants; References; Opportunities and Constraints for Community Oriented Primary Care
ReferencesDiscussants; Health Worker Roles in Community Oriented Primary Care; COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT IN COPC; Some False Assumptions; Examples of Community Involvement in COPC; South End Settlement; Mound Bayou; LESSONS LEARNED; References; Discussants; Bibliography; Medical Education and Training for Community Oriented Primary Care; MEDICAL EDUCATION AND MEDICAL PRACTICE; MEDICAL EDUCATION AND COPC; Primary Care Experiences-Undergraduate; Primary Care Experiences-Graduate; Community "Oriented" Educational Experiences; Training in Principles and Skills of Community Medicine
Team Approach and COPC
- "Conference on Community Oriented Primary Care, held in March of 1982 under the auspices of the Institute of Medicine"--Pref.
Includes bibliographical references.
- Connor, Eileen.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|