Guidelines for Legislative Libraries : 2nd, completely updated and enlarged edition / Keith Cuninghame.
- Other records:
- 2nd, completely updated and enlarged edition
- Berlin ; Boston : K. G. Saur, 
- IFLA publications ; 140.
IFLA Publications ; 140
1 online resource (135 p.)
- Legislative libraries.
- Electronic books.
- The scale of change in the provision of information and research services since the original edition of this guide (published 1993), in particular the development of the Internet, meant that it soon became clear that a more or less complete re-write was needed, rather than simply a revision of the existing text. However, the new edition has kept to the spirit of the original, which has been a valuable tool for many.
Chapter 1 Setting the Scene
Chapter 2 The Needs Of Parliaments For Information
Chapter 3 Services Which Can Be Provided
Chapter 4 Collection Development Policies
Chapter 5 Making Services Available
Chapter 6 Information and Library Services
Chapter 7 Research Services
Chapter 8 Defining Quality
Chapter 9 Informing Users and Understanding Their Needs
Chapter 10 Staffing Needs
Chapter 11 Parliamentary ICT and Legislative Libraries
Chapter 12 Finance
Chapter 13 Relations With Other Parts of the Parliamentary Service
Chapter 14 Sharing Good Practice Between Parliamentary Libraries
Chapter 15 Information for the Public and Schools
Chapter 16 Archiving Parliamentary Material
Chapter 17 Conclusions
- Description based upon print version of record.
Includes bibliographical references.
Description based on online resource; title from PDF title page (publisher's Web site, viewed 15. Jun 2019)
- International Federation of Library Associations and Institutions.
Cuninghame, Keith, editor.
- Publisher Number:
- 10.1515/9783598441783 doi
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|