The United States Congress / Ross M. English.
- Manchester, England ; New York, New York : Manchester University Press, 2010, 2003. , ©2003
1 online resource (188 pages) : illustrations; digital, PDF file(s).
- United States. Congress.
legislation -- United States.
United States -- Politics and government.
America -- Politics and government.
- Electronic books.
- System Details:
- Mode of access: internet via World Wide Web.
- The role of Congress is essential to any study of American government and politics. This introductory text, aimed at undergraduate students, looks at the workings of the US Congress and uses the Republican period of ascendancy (1994-2000) as an example of how the Congress works in practice.
- Origins and development of Congress
Representatives and Senators
The committee system
Parties in Congress
Floor deliberations and beyond
President and Congress
Congress, the media and interest groups
Assessing the US Congress.
- Description based upon print version of record.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
Electronic reproduction. Manchester, England : Manchester University Press, 2010.
Description based on print version record.
- Other format:
- Print version:
- Access Restriction:
- Open Access Unrestricted online access star
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|