The Labour governments 1964-70 [electronic resource] : labour and cultural change / Steven Fielding.
- Other records:
- Manchester : Manchester University Press, 2003.
- Labour governments 1964-70 ; Volume 1.
Labour Governments 1964-70 ; Volume 1
1 online resource (270 p.)
- Political science.
Great Britain -- Politics and government -- 1964-1979.
Labour Party (Great Britain) -- History.
- Electronic books.
- This book looks at how the British Labour Party came to terms with the 1960's 'cultural revolution', specifically changes to: the class structure, place of women, black immigration, the generation gap and calls for direct political participation.
- Contents; Tables; Series foreword; Acknowledgements; 1 Introduction: cultural and political change in 1960's Britain; 2 Labour's organisational culture; 3 Responding to affluence; 4 Reconciling the classes; 5 Appealing to women; 6 Integrating black immigrants; 7 Instilling 'responsibility' in the young; 8 Engaging with participation; 9 Conclusion: the 1970 general election; Bibliography; Index
- Description based upon print version of record.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Access Restriction:
- Open Access Unrestricted online access star
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|