Commercialised history : popular history magazines in Europe : approaches to a historico-cultural phenomenon as the basis for history teaching / Susanne Popp, Jutta Schumann, Miriam Hannig (editors).
- Frankfurt : Peter Lang Edition, .
- Open Access e-Books
1 online resource (377 pages) : illustrations; digital, PDF file(s).
- Historiography -- Europe.
History in popular culture -- Europe.
History -- Study and teaching.
- Electronic books.
- System Details:
- Mode of access: internet via World Wide Web.
- This volume of essays is the result of the EU project "EHISTO", which dealt with the mediation of history in popular history magazines and explored how history in the commercialised mass media can be used in history teaching in order to develop the media literacy and the transcultural competences of young people. The volume offers articles which for the first time address the phenomenon of popular history magazines in Europe and their mediating strategies in a foundational way. The articles are intended as introductory material for teachers and student teachers. The topic also offers an innovative approach in terms of making possible a European cross-country comparison, in which results based on qualitative and quantitative methods are presented, related to the content focus areas profiled in the national magazines.
- Includes bibliographical references.
Description based on print version record and e-publication (viewed on May 7, 2019).
- Popp, Susanne, editor.
Schumann, Jutta, 1966-, editor.
Hannig, Miriam, 1986-, editor.
- Other format:
- Print version.
- 365305253X (ebook)
- Access Restriction:
- OpenAccess Unrestricted online access star
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|