Ethics of Terrorism & Counter-Terrorism / Georg Meggle, Andreas Kemmerling, Mark Textor.
- Berlin ; Boston : De Gruyter
- Philosophische Forschung (Frankfurt am Main, Germany) ; Bd. 3.
Philosophische Forschung / Philosophical Research ; 3
1 online resource (355 p.)
- Terrorism -- Moral and ethical aspects.
Terrorism -- Prevention -- Moral and ethical aspects.
War on Terrorism, 2001-2009 -- Moral and ethical aspects.
- Electronic books.
- We are supposed to wage war against Terrorism - but exactly what we are fighting against in this war, there is nearly no consensus about. And, much worse, nearly nobody cares about this conceptual disaster - the main thing being, whether or not you are taking sides with the good guys. This volume is an analytical attempt to end this disaster. What is Terrorism? Are terrorist acts to be defined exclusively on the basis of the characteristics of the respective actions? Or should we restrict such actions to acts performed by non-state organisations? And, most important, is terrorism already by it
Table of Contents
I. Terrorism & Counter-Terrorism Semantics
'Terrorism' as a Method of Terrorism / Kapitan, Tomis
Benign Blackmail: Cassandra's Plan or What is Terrorism? / Mueller, Olaf L.
Terrorism and Guerrilla Warfare − A Comparative Essay / Messelken, Daniel
State Terrorism and Counterterrorism / Primoratz, Igor
Terror: The Neglected but Inescapable Core of Terrorism / Webel, Charles P.
Terrorism and Collective Responsibility / Miller, Seumas
The Unethical Rhetoric of Terror / Dascal, Marcelo
II. Terrorism & Counter-Terrorism Ethics
Political Terrorism and the Rules of Just War / Bauhn, Per
Terrorism, Just War and Right Response / Coady, C. A. J. (Tony)
Terrorism, Morality and Right Authority / Thompson, Janna
Terror & Counter-Terror: Initial Ethical Reflections / Meggle, Georg
Counter-Terrorism: Torture and Assassination / Khatchadourian, Haig
The War on Terrorism: Its Justification and Limits / Simpson, Peter
Morals in Terrorist Times / Bittner, Rüdiger
The Ethics of Terrorism / Steinhoff, Uwe
III. Terrorism & Counter-Terrorism Law and Politics
War on Terrorism and the Crises of the Political / Emcke, Carolin
Terrorism as an Instrument of Liberation: A Liberation Ideology Perspective / Pavković, Aleksandar
National Security, Terrorism, and Constitutional Balance / Lustgarten, Laurence
Criminal Justice After 9-11: ICC or Military Tribunals / Mertens, Thomas
Looking for Mohammed: Data Screening in Search of Terrorists / Groetker, Ralf
Does the Suppression of Pro-Terrorist Speech Enhance Collective Security? / Peonidis, Filimon
After 9-11 - A Paradigm Change in International Law? / Zanetti, Véronique
- Description based upon print version of record.
Includes bibliographical references.
Description based on online resource; title from PDF title page (publisher's Web site, viewed 15. Jun 2019)
- Kemmerling, Andreas, editor.
Meggle, Georg, editor.
Textor, Mark, editor.
- Publisher Number:
- 10.1515/9783110327496 doi
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|