Coastal landscapes of South Australia / by Robert P. Bourman, Colin V. Murray-Wallace and Nick Harvey.
- Adelaide, South Australia : University of Adelaide Press, 2016.
- Open Access e-Books
1 online resource (xii, 405 pages) : illustrations (chiefly colour), colour maps; digital file(s).
- Coasts -- Australia -- Tasmania.
- Electronic books.
- System Details:
- Mode of access: internet via World Wide Web.
System requirements: Adobe Acrobat or other PDF reader (latest version recommended), Internet Explorer or other browser (latest version recommended).
- This book aims to assist people in interpreting coastal landforms in South Australia, revealing how the coast has evolved and is continuing to do so under the influences of a range of processes acting upon a variety of geological settings. South Australian coastal landforms include cliffs, rocky outcrops and shore platforms, mangrove woodlands, mudflats, estuaries, extensive sandy beaches, coastal dunes and coastal barrier systems, as well as numerous near-shore reefs and islands. Geologically, the South Australian coast is very young, having evolved over only 1% of geological time, during the past 43 million years since the separation of Australia and Antarctica. It is also very dynamic, with the current shoreline position having been established from only 7000 years ago. This book is a landmark study into the variable character of the South Australian coast and its long-term evolution.
- 1. Coastal landscapes of South Australia
2. The coast of metropolitan Adelaide
3. The Fleurieu Peninsula coast
4. The River Murray estuary
5. The Coorong coastal plain and the Limestone coast
6. The northern Gulf St Vincent tidal coastline (the Sapphire coast)
7. The Yorke Peninsula coastline
8. The northern Spencer Gulf coast
9. The Gulf coast of Eyre Peninsula
10. The Bight coast : West coast of Eyre Peninsula
11. Kangaroo Island
12. Explaining the coastal landscapes of South Australia : a synthesis.
- Includes bibliographical references.
Description based on: online resource; title from pdf title page (JSTOR, viewed June 6, 2020).
- University of Adelaide Press, issuing body.
Murray-Wallace, Colin V., author.
Harvey, Nick, 1952- author.
- Other format:
- Print version:
- Access Restriction:
- Open Access Unrestricted online access star
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|