Practical Economics [electronic resource] : Economic Transformation and Government Reform in Georgia 2004–2012 / by Nika Gilauri.
- 1st ed. 2017.
- Cham : Springer International Publishing : Imprint: Palgrave Macmillan, 2017.
1 online resource (XV, 213 p. 16 illus. in color.)
- Comparative politics.
- Local subjects:
- Comparative Politics. (search)
International Political Economy. (search)
Public Administration. (search)
Macroeconomics/Monetary Economics//Financial Economics. (search)
Economic Growth. (search)
Russian, Soviet, and East European History. (search)
- This book is open access under a CC BY license. In this book, Nika Gilauri reveals his formulas for government reform and economic recovery, including how to fight against corruption, reform fiscal policy and tax systems, privatize state-owned enterprises, build a welfare system for those most in need, create a competitive education and healthcare system, and streamline procurement. All formulas are corroborated by practical experience and empirical evidence gathered during Mr Gilauri's term as a cabinet member (2004-2009) and prime minister (2009-2012) of Georgia, and provide an in-depth view of what worked in the case of Georgia since 2003, and how lessons learned could be applied in other parts of the world.
- 1. Carpe diem
2. Fighting corruption
3. Reforming the national economy
4. Creating a business-friendly climate
5. Reforming taxes and customs
6. Privatization of state-owned enterprises
7. Reforming the energy sector
8. Welfare − Focusing on the neediest with a simple scoring model
9. Healthcare – Unleashing the power of public-private partnership
10. Education – School financing and university reform
11. Thoughts on leadership.
- Publisher Number:
- 10.1007/978-3-319-45769-7 doi
- Access Restriction:
- Open Access
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|