Knights Across the Atlantic [e-book] : The Knights of Labor in Britain and Ireland / Steven Parfitt.
- Liverpool : Liverpool University Press, 2016.
- Studies in labour history (Liverpool University Press) ; 7.
Studies in labour history ; 7
1 online resource (272 pages).
- Labor unions.
Labor unions -- Ireland -- History -- 19th century.
Labor unions -- Great Britain -- History -- 19th century.
Knights of Labor.
- 'Knights Across the Atlantic' tells the full story of the Knights of Labor in Britain and Ireland, where they operated between 1883 and the end of the century. British and Irish Knights drew on the resources of their vast order to establish a chain of branches through England, Wales, Scotland and Ireland that numbered more than 10,000 members at its peak. They drew on the fraternal ritual, industrial tactics, organisational models and political concerns of their American peers and interpreted them in British and Irish conditions.
- Previously issued in print: 2017.
Includes bibliographical references (pages 239-255) and index.
Description based on print version record.
- Access Restriction:
- Open Access Unrestricted online access star
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|