Defying the IRA? [e-book] : Intimidation, coercion, and communities during the Irish Revolution / Brian Hughes.
- Liverpool : Liverpool University Press, 2016.
- Reappraisals in Irish history.
Reappraisals in Irish history
1 online resource (248 pages) : illustrations.
Violence -- Ireland -- History -- 20th century.
Intimidation -- Ireland -- History -- 20th century.
Irish Republican Army.
Irish Republican Army -- History.
- This title examines the grass-roots relationship between the Irish Republican Army (IRA) and the civilian population during the Irish Revolution. It is primarily concerned with the attempts of the militant revolutionaries to discourage, stifle, and punish dissent among the local populations in which they operated, and the actions or inactions by which dissent was expressed or implied.
- Previously issued in print: 2017.
Includes bibliographical references (pages 213-221) and index.
Description based on print version record.
- Access Restriction:
- Open Access Unrestricted online access star
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|