Riddles : perspectives on the use, function and change in a folklore genre / Annikki Kaivola-Bregenhøj.
- Helsinki : Finnish Literature Society / SKS, 
- Studia Fennica. Folkloristica ; 10.
Open Access e-Books
Studia Fennica. Folkloristica ; 10
1 online resource (186 pages) : illustrations.
- Riddles -- History and criticism.
- Electronic books.
- System Details:
- Mode of access: internet via World Wide Web.
System requirements: Adobe Acrobat or other PDF reader (latest version recommended), Internet Explorer or other browser (latest version recommended).
- Riddles are a journey into a fascinating world rich in delightful metaphors and ambiguity. This book is based on material drawn from all over the world and analyses both traditional true riddles and contemporary joking questions. It introduces the reader to different riddling situations and the many functions of riddles, wich vary from education to teasing, and from defusing a heated situation to entertainment. In addition to providing a survey of international riddle scholarship, the book has a comprehensive bibliography with suggestions for further reading.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
Description based on print record, CIP data from the publisher, and e-publication e-publication, viewed on October 01, 2020.
- Other format:
- Print version:
- Access Restriction:
- Open Access Unrestricted online access star
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|