Enabling rapid and sustainable public health research during disasters : summary of a joint workshop by the Institute of Medicine and the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services / Forum on Medical and Public Health Preparedness for Catastrophic Events, Board on Health Science Policy ; Megan Reeve, Theresa Wizemann, and Bruce Altevogt, rapporteurs ; Institute of Medicine of the National Academies.
- Other records:
- Washington, District of Columbia : The National Academies Press, 
- Conference Name:
- Disaster Research Response Workshop (2014 : Bethesda, Md.), author.
Disaster Research Response Workshop
1 online resource (190 p.)
- Disasters -- Health aspects -- Congresses.
Health risk assessment -- Congresses.
- Electronic books.
- Front Matter; Reviewers; Contents; 1 Introduction; 2 Science Preparedness: Conducting Research During Public Health Emergencies; 3 Health Research Needs and Actions: Lessons from Recent Disasters; 4 Addressing Institutional Review Board Barriers to Health Research Implementation; 5 Partnering with the Community to Enable Research; 6 Improving Data Collection Capabilities and Information Resources; 7 Considerations for Rapid and Sustained Funding Mechanisms for Research in Disasters; 8 Improving the Role of Extramural Research Networks
9 Coordinating Logistics to Execute Rapid Research in Disaster Response10 Actions to Build the Future of Disaster Research; Appendix A: References; Appendix B: Acronyms; Appendix C: Agenda; Appendix D: Biographical Sketches of Invited Speakers and Panelists; Appendix E: Speakers and Registered Attendees; Appendix F: Statement of Task
- Description based upon print version of record.
Includes bibliographical references.
Description based on online resource; title from PDF title page (ebrary, viewed September 4, 2015).
- Reeve, Megan, author.
Wizemann, Theresa M., author.
Altevogt, Bruce M., author.
Institute of Medicine (U.S.). Forum on Medical and Public Health Preparedness for Catastrophic Events, issuing body.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|