The patchwork quilt : ideas of community in nineteenth-century American women's fiction / Suzanne V. Shepard. [electronic resource]
- New York : P. Lang, 2001.
- American university studies. American literature ; Series XXIV, v. 74
Early American literature and culture through the American renaissance The patchwork quilt
1 online resource (171 p. )
- American fiction -- Women authors -- History and criticism.
Community life in literature.
Literature and society -- United States -- History -- 19th century.
Women and literature -- United States -- History -- 19th century.
American fiction -- 19th century -- History and criticism.
Domestic fiction, American -- History and criticism.
Warner, Susan, 1819-1885 -- Criticism and interpretation.0
Hale, Sarah Josepha Buell, 1788-1879. -- Criticism and interpretation.
Cummins, Maria S. (Maria Susanna), 1827-1866 -- Criticism and interpretation.
Freeman, Mary Eleanor Wilkins, 1852-1930 -- Criticism and interpretation.
Jewett, Sarah Orne, 1849-1909 -- Criticism and interpretation.
Stowe, Harriet Beecher, 1811-1896 -- Criticism and interpretation.
Glaspell, Susan, 1876-1948 -- Criticism and interpretation.
Hentz, Caroline Lee, 1800-1856 -- Criticism and interpretation.
American fiction -- History and criticism -- Women authors -- 19th century -- United States
Community life in literature -- History -- 19th century -- United States
Literature and society -- History -- 19th century
Women and literature -- History and criticism
American fiction -- History and criticism
Domestic fiction, American
- Criticism, interpretation, etc.
- 1. Introduction: Women's Ideas of Community
2. Domesticity: Family as Community
3. Harriet Beecher Stowe: Community as Family
4. Abolition: Community in Crisis
5. American Literary Regionalism: Loss of Community.
- Includes bibliographical references (p. -164) and index.
Bibliographic Level Mode of Issuance: Monograph
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|