Surviving a corporate crisis [electronic resource] : 100 things you need to know / Paul Batchelor.
- London : Thorogood, 2003.
- Thorogood professional insights.
Thorogood professional insights
1 online resource (115 p.)
- Crisis management.
- Electronic books.
- Professionals are guided through the various stages of setting up a viable corporate crisis response and are provided with a series of key questions that every chief executive officer or managing director should ask and every corporate crisis manager shou
- CONTENTS; Introduction; Things you need to know...; 1 STARTING AT THE BEGINNING- CRISIS AVOIDANCE; Internal controls; Board responsibilities; Internal and external risks; The domino effect; When avoidance is not an option; Contingency plans; Changing risks; Basic controls; Things you need to know...; 2 DEFINING CRISIS MANAGEMENT STRATEGY; What is a crisis?; Cost; Duration; Extent; Reputational impact; Crisis trigger points; Infrastructure; Mission; State of readiness; The crisis management framework; Things you need to know...; 3 COMMAND AND CONTROL; Crisis management team; Team make-up; Deputies
ReservesLeadership; Invocation procedures; How the crisis manifests itself; When the crisis occurs; The mechanism for passing crisis information; Code-words; How a crisis is declared; Activating the crisis management team; The crisis centre; Crisis support staff; Managing the crisis; Documentation; The crisis log; Command and control summary; Things you need to know...; 4 COMMUNICATIONS; Crisis notification; Staff awareness; Assessing crisis notification calls; Activating the crisis management team; Contacting the team leader; Fallback arrangements
Contacting the rest of the crisis management teamand support staffManaging the crisis; The public relations team; The human resources team; Communications cascades; Communications summary; Things you need to know...; 5 ORGANISING THE MEDIA INTERFACE; Media attention; Reputational damage; Sources of information; The front man; Media training; The media fixer; The right messages; The official line; Command and control; Media interface summary; Things you need to know...; 6 ACTION TEAMS/PLANS; Action teams; Terms of reference; Normal action plan invocation sequence; Phase 1; Phase 2; Phase 3
Non-essential functionsReserve skills register; Action plans; Getting the structure right; Action plan pro-forma; Considering draft action plans; Retention of action plans; Review of action plans; Summary of action teams/plans; Things you need to know...; 7 MAINTAINING THE CRISISMANAGEMENT INFRASTRUCTURE; The crisis management manual; Extracts from the manual; Problem areas; Team leaders, deputies and team members; The right team members; External contact lists; Communications cascades; Action plans; The crisis centre; Information, training and testing
Summary of maintaining the crisis management infrastructureThings you need to know...; 8 TESTING THE STATE OF READINESS; The benefits of testing; The test plan; Independent review of the plan; The test plan period; Types of test; Compliance testing; Desktop testing; Organising a desktop test; Full testing; Acid testing; Organising an acid test; Acid testing the crisis management team; Composite testing; Summary of state of readiness; Things you need to know...; APPENDICES; 1 CRISIS MANAGEMENT TEAM CHECKLIST; 2 THE CRISIS LOG; 3 DEPARTMENTAL ACTION PLAN; 4 THE CONTACT REGISTER
5 RECENT CORPORATE CRISES
- "A specially commissioned report."
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|