Journey's beginning [electronic resource] : the Gateway Theatre building and Company, 1884-1965 / edited by Ian Brown.
- Bristol, UK ; Portland, OR : Intellect, c2004.
1 online resource (87 p.)
- Theater -- Scotland -- Edinburgh.
Theaters -- Scotland -- Edinburgh.
Gateway Theatre Company (Edinburgh, Scotland).
- Electronic books.
- The Gateway Theatre Company between 1953 and 1965 was a major force in developing modern Scottish theatre, moving in 1965 to become the Royal Lyceum Theatre Company. The Gateway Theatre and its company were therefore highly influential in the development of theatre in Scotland. They encouraged new writing and young performers to establish a vibrant contemporary tradition of Scottish theatre in a manner complementary to, and at times more important than, that of its sister theatre, the Citizens in Glasgow. Both theatre building and company are regarded with enormous affection and J35respect. Th
- Preliminary Pages; Contents; Gateways from the past to the future; The Gateway building and its early manifestations; Kirk and Theatre; Sadie Aitken: the 'Caledonian Lilian Baylis'; The Gateway Theatre Company; The Founding of a Modern Tradition: Robert Kemp's Scots Translations of Molière at the Gateway; Notes on Contributors
- Description based upon print version of record.
- Brown, Ian, 1951-
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|