Sacred theatre [electronic resource] / devised and edited by Ralph Yarrow ; written by Franc Chamberlain ... [et al.].
- Bristol, UK ; Chicago, IL : Intellect, 2007.
- Theatre and consciousness.
Theatre & consciousness
1 online resource (226 p.)
- Holy, The, in art.
Theater -- Religious aspects.
- Electronic books.
- Identifies and explores the sacred as both an element in theatre and in consciousness in general. This book examines not only the structural understandings and functions of the sacred in theatre, but also experimental and personal experiences.
- Front Cover; Preliminary Pages; Contents; Acknowledgements; Note; Preface; Part 1: Basic Questions; Chapter 1: What Is the Sacred?; Chapter 2: Terminologies and Categorizations of the Sacred; Part 2: Text and Performance; Chapter 3: The Phenomenology of Nonidentity: Stoppard's Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead; Chapter 4: Between the Opposites: Gender Games; Chapter 5: Ionesco; Chapter 6: Pinter; Chapter 7: Genet; Part 3: Processes and Directions; Chapter 8: Processes; Chapter 9: Places, Spaces and Generative Directions; A Symposium; Bibliography; The Authors; Index; Back Cover
- Description based upon print version of record.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Chamberlain, Franc.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|